Change True/False to Yes/No

D1sh

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all, my apologies if this has already been asked before but searching didn't seen to come up with the results I was looking for.

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 13.10.35.png

So this is the part I've been struggling with. The formulas used to be for H15, H16 and H18 =G15<=0 which would give a True or False result. However if the input for F15 would be 100 H18 would still give a positive result due to the total amount of hours being met. But ofcourse every portion of the training needs to be completed for the entire course to give a positive result. (This course only consists of 2 portions, but others contain many more)

So right now my formulas for H15 and H16 are =IF(G15<=0;"Yes"; "No") and =IF(G16<=0;"Yes"; "No")
And H18 is =AND(H15="Yes"; H15=H16) Because H18 may only give a True result if all portions have been completed.

However, I want H18 to also display a Yes of No value just as the cells above. So I tried several variations on =IF (AND(H15="Yes"; H15=H16); "Yes"; "No") but it always errors out. Am I overlooking something?

I hope this makes sense and I appreciate any help!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
There is nothing obviously wrong with the formula, in what way does it "error out"?

Upvote 0
There is nothing obviously wrong with the formula, in what way does it "error out"?
So because of this I went back to the formula thinking "If there's nothing obviously wrong, it has to be something dumb" and boy was it!
The space between the IF and the ( was the bad guy.

I feel very smart right now 😅

Upvote 0
Glad you sorted it & thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back