Changing PivotTable Field Labels and their effect on VBA Userform Data Entry

pat3895

Hello, first time poster here

I apologize in advanced if this answer is easily obtainable, but I was having a hard time phrasing exactly what I am looking for.

Background: I have a VBA userform (my first time using VBA actually) that is close to finalized and fully functioning. This user form populates a fairly large archive matrix of data and then the matrix populates a pivot table on a separate sheet. I created this using a pretty extensive existing archive of data, so naturally there are a lot of blanks because users were never 'forced' to enter all the required data. I was able to change most of my (blank) headers to something more desirable. My area of concern involves a combobox on the userform that has "Other" as a drop down option populated from a name range.

My Question: I want to change my (blank) label for this same name range to "Other" also, but I want to know if there is a way for both my (blank) cells and the ones truly filled in as "Other" to report to the same Slicer and PivotTable label. I've thought about simply changing the blank cells to other." The issue is, since approx. 3000 lines of this data already existed, it would be inaccurate to label them in the archive matrix as "Other," however it would be appropriate, and desired, for the data summarization and reporting on the PivotTable.

In Summary: Can 2 different values (blank cells and ones labeled as "Other") report to the same Field Label on a Slicer/PivotTable?

Again, this is my first time posting, so please let me know if clarification or additional information is helpful. I cut out only small portions of the screen to preserve some company sensitive information.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back