Choosing todays date but getting the info from the next cell

shaftdx

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have 2 worksheets one has a list of the dates this month going down in Column A. Column B has a list of names that rotate So for today Carla is on call. tomorrow will be john Ect ect till the list is complete and starts over.

Without getting too technical I have a Zapier that adds to the group calendar who is on call from the second worksheet. What I am looking to do is to automate this.
list.png

list 2.png

So basically what I am looking to do is tomorrow when that date is highlighted I want the date and the first name on the list next to it to appear in B2 and D2 of the second pic. and when it is thursday Maria will appear in D2 I feel like I am explaining this poorly I am sorry

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Assuming sheet1 at the top,
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$3:$F$12,MATCH(INT($B2),Sheet1!$A$3:$A$12,0),MATCH(D$1,Sheet1!$B$2:$F$2,0))
Note that as you have asked in the Excel questions section, I have provided an Excel formula. Your screen capture appears to be google sheets, the formula may work but I can not guarantee it.

Upvote 0
Assuming sheet1 at the top,
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$3:$F$12,MATCH(INT($B2),Sheet1!$A$3:$A$12,0),MATCH(D$1,Sheet1!$B$2:$F$2,0))
Note that as you have asked in the Excel questions section, I have provided an Excel formula. Your screen capture appears to be google sheets, the formula may work but I can not guarantee it.
Thank you i will give it a shot tomorrow when i go back in

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back