COLOR CODES FOR DATE TRACKING

hsarrategui

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to track our leases that are 6 months long. I need 3 formulas.

I need a formula that will change the date in the cell to green when up to date.

A formula that changes those cells to yellow if we have 3 month left in the 6 months

And a formula that turns red the month it expires.

So if the cell says 3/31/24 it should be yellow now and turn red on march 1st. but be green or colorless from October 1st until January 1st.

The columns are "C" and "H" starting on line "4".

What is in the columns C and H?

Okay, I suppose I should be a little more specific. Which date is in Column C and which date is in Column H? Is there a start date and expiration date, or is the expiration date compared to today's d
I have spent DAYS trying to figure out how to install the XL2BB add-in and I was able to open excel and it be on the ribbon but when I click on it it gives me no options like the XL2BB forum says. Everything is grayed out and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am not great at computers and the instructions aren't dumbed down enough for me I guess. Is there any other way I can share my worksheet since screen shots aren't allowed? I'd really like to figure out how I can have the cell change color as the date approaches. I will try again to write it out and maybe that will help but this has been a frustrating experience because I assume this is much easier than I'm making it. LOL

Column "C" has the renewal date (1/1/2024). Column "D" has the expiration date (6/30/2024). My idea is to have the cells in "D" turn yellow when we are 3 months from the expiration date(4/1/2024) to remind me to send out a reminder to our tenants and then turn red once it hits the expiration month (6/1/2024). I can attach another screen shot but I was told that's inconvenient for you and I just can't get this add-on to work. I'm sorry for being so difficult. I'm not trying to be. :/

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
You can troubleshoot your xl2bb issues in this forum: Test Here

you can post TABLES if xl2bb doesn't work (I mentioned this in Post #5 footnote).

But, why haven't you given ANY feedback on the solutions in posts #5 or #10?

Upvote 0
You can troubleshoot your xl2bb issues in this forum: Test Here

you can post TABLES if xl2bb doesn't work (I mentioned this in Post #5 footnote).

But, why haven't you given ANY feedback on the solutions in posts #5 or #10?
I've already reported you twice now. I didn't ask you. There is no response to make as it isn't working for me. LEAVE ME ALONE

Upvote 0
I've already reported you twice now. I didn't ask you. There is no response to make as it isn't working for me. LEAVE ME ALONE
If this is your response to other members also trying to assist you and help solve your problem, I don't believe I am going to be any further help to you. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back