Comparing Data

michef

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi, I am needing help comparing data from 2 worksheets. I have tried power query but was unsuccessful. I need comparison to create pivot tables and dashboards to show performance measures. I want the data to be viewed separately but to be used together for comparison.

I need some help I am trying to compare 2 worksheets of data against each other. I want to create pivot tables and dashboards but need both sets of data to compare and separate. EX: 1 worksheet is PPO INSURANCE 2ND DATA HMO INSURANCE need to compare performance meaures or both together. Hoe can I do this. I tired Power Query but can't figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Welcome to the Board.

Are you able to post some data?

Upvote 0
Sorry I am not! I can try to better explain, so I have columns with the partner, region, market, 1/1/2023, 1/1/2022, 2/1/2022 etc and under each date there is sales data. I have 2 sets of data set up this way, and I want to create pivot tables and interactive dashboards comparing the 2 data worksheets, but I would like those worksheets to also have the dates listed in all one column with header labeled dates and then be able to switch to Jan, Feb, March etc so I can better compare in a pivot table. Hope I explained it right.

Upvote 0
Without any data to look at it would be diffcult to visualise what you require. Are you able to post dummy data?

As you have mentioned you wanted "interactive dashboards", you may be better looking at using either Power BI or Tableau to get the results that you want.

Upvote 0
Okay, well how do I change my date header columns to be all under one DATE column so I can do pivot tables easier. This is dummy data of a view of what I need to transpose and compare.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_121351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_121351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back