Compiling different structures from an organisational structure

Buks69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day
I have been struggling with the IF and FILTER functions to compile purpose structures for specific tasks.
I have a complete organisational structure on a worksheet (Establishment Tables) with all the sections, sub sections, personnel, vehicles etc.
Structure.JPG

On an second worksheet i want to extract/filter either Alpha, Bravo or Charlie because not all of them use the same structure as per column K. Each has a specific purpose but use the same base structure from which personnel are selected.

Force_allocation.JPG

On the second worksheet (Force Allocation) I have tried the nested IF function and various FILTER functions to give me a summary of either Alpha, Bravo or Charlie but with no success. The example is how it look when I filter only one of the force structures. When I change D1 on the force selection sheet to another Op then I want the corresponding structure from the Establishment table to reflect on the force allocation worksheet.

The next worksheet (Force Selection) provide me the option to select force levels and it also provide me with a summary of Pers etc. On this worksheet I select the operation
Selection.JPG

I hope it make sense of what I am struggling with and will appreciate any assistance.
Regards
Buks69

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi there
This is the formula that I use to filter the table on the force allocation worksheet. THe problem is that should I change the Op on the force selection sheet I do not get the correct feedback and the nested IF function can not help me.
The include part of the formula should change to either read Column G, H or I, pending the corresponding Op in Force selection sheet D1
Hope this is a bit more information

=FILTER(EST_Mot_Inf!K4:AW576;EST_Mot_Inf!$H$4:$H$576=Force_Selection!D1;0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back