Conditional Formatting based on other cell values

nicolews

Hello. I am unable to find the proper conditional formatting custom formula for the below. Help!

I have a tracker file that shows project milestone due dates and their day count down to those due dates in the next column. The day count down is auto calculated each time you open the file- I’m good there.
Ex: Row 1 shows Project description, milestone #1 due date, milestone #1 day count down, milestone #2 due date, milestone #2 day count down, and so on through milestone #20 due date and it’s day countdown.

What I’m wanting is to add a column before milestone #1 due date that will show me if any of the milestones are approaching (since it’s a lot to scroll continuously to the right and view the due dates/day counters that are already rendered warning colors based on their individual values).

Wanting the new column to display the below if any of the milestones are in range- thinking of using each day count down, but not married to that idea.
- “Incoming” w/ cell filled yellow: due in 8-15 days
- “Due” cell filled red: due in 0-7 days
- “Past Due” cell filled red w/red bold font: past due date (or a negative day count number)

I understand how to format the new cell based on the value of a different cell… what is tripping me up is how to look for that value across a row and/or in alternating cells in that row. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpeg
    IMG_4631.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi Nicolews,

Try this

Book2
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKAL
3Project DetailMileStone Approaching?MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2MileStone1 Due DateDay TickerMileStone2 Due DateDay Ticker2
42023-06-2072023-06-229
52023-07-01182023-06-12-1
62023-08-01492023-06-2512
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D4:D6,F4:F6D4=C4-TODAY()
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
B4:B6Expression=MIN(C4:AL4)<0textNO
B4:B6Expression=MIN(C4:AL4)<=7textNO
B4:B6Expression=MIN(C4:AL4)<=15textNO
F4:F6Cell Valuebetween 0 and 7textNO
F4:F6Cell Valuebetween 8 and 15textNO
F4:F6Cell Value<0textNO
F4:F6Cell Valuebetween 8 and 15textNO
D4:D6Cell Valuebetween 0 and 7textNO
D4:D6Cell Valuebetween 8 and 15textNO
D4:D6Cell Value<0textNO
D4:D6Cell Valuebetween 8 and 15textNO

Upvote 0
Hi there! I was not able to make that work. As this file is on my work computer, I am unable to download the mini-sheet program in order to upload the sample file I am working in.

Thank you for your time- if you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

Upvote 0
HI! I just did something similar with an invoice tracking sheet. So for due dates within 8-15 days, highlight you milestone 1 due date cells for your range, then choose to highlight cells with a cell value between =today()+8 and =today()+15, then choose the format with yellow fill and dark yellow text.
Then do the same with the due in 0-7 days changing the formula to =today() and today()+7, then format it to just the red fill.
And for the past due, same thing except you will choose highlight cells with cell value less than =today(). Then chose the red fill and red text.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-27 134057.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-27 134057.png
    26 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back