Conditional Formatting Between Two Sheets Based On Matching Column/Row Intersection

ExcelHelp8912

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all!
I'm looking for some help and will do my best to describe the scenario but please let me know if this is unclear.

I have two sets of data, essentially hourly time tracking, that I need to compare and find differences for. One set of data is laid out vertically and the other is laid out horizontally. I've used a pivot table to get things to match between the sheets.
However, now I need to compare one sheet to the pivot table sheet and find differences at the Date/Name intersection

The columns on sheet 1 will be Name | Date with the row values under name being a name, and the value under date being a number (number of hours for that date)

The sheet 2 is a pivot table that I've created to try to match the format in sheet 1 (Name | Date columns).

My issue is that there is no guarantee that all dates in sheet 1 will be in sheet 2 or vice-versa. So I need to be able to lookup a Name / Date intersection in sheet 1 - lets say Tom / Jan 1st - and find that same intersection in sheet 2 (Tom / Jan 1st) and compare the hours logged. If they are different, I need to highlight in red.

Here is an example for sheet 1:
Sheet1.png

and here is an example of data that I need to put into before creating the pivot table.
Sheet2.png

Finally, here is the pivot table attempting to match the sheet 1 data format/layout
PivotSheet2.png

From the above you can see that for Tim on Sheet 1 Dec 2nd he has 7 hours. In the second data set you can see that Tim has 8 hours. This is a mismatch and needs to be identified.
Note - notice that Tim has a blank in the pivot table sheet for Dec 4th. This really could happen but so long as the value in the Sheet 1 for that day is 0 that is okay. I'm not sure if that is too complicated to try to account for but I wanted to mention it.

Thank you all for any time helping me. It is much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back