Conditional formatting cell based on other cell text

Grictori

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok need some help here. I had another thread that is basically answered, but this is kind of different so I thought I would just pose the question on a new thread. I have a task tracker spreadsheet with various cells containing conditional formatting. This is the final requirement for my workbook. I will attach an image as reference. I might also add that I don't think I can add in an "in cell" formula to solve this as it already has one for that column.
Here are the finer points of the sheet:
  • there is a start date and a due date that populates a status column with "late", "Ahead of schedule", "on Schedule" etc.
  • There is a column with "completed date" that turns the entire row grey when there is a date in that column
  • unfortunately, when the complete date is entered it does not change the status to complete in the status column.
F​
G​
H​
I​
J​
K​
L​
M​
Start Date​
Due Date​
% Progress​
Completed Date​
Remarks​
Required Progress​
Status​
Days Remaining​
2/15/233/8/23Late-1
3/1/234/18/23Ahead of Schedule40

Here is what I need if possible:
  • IF column I is populated with a date then make column L state Complete.
  • IF column L states Complete then fill cell as Grey (the other status titles have a fill color)
  • I believe it has to be executed in the conditional formatting function as those cells already have a formula =IF(M10="","",LOOKUP(M10,{-999,1,6,10},{"Late","At Risk","On Schedule","Ahead of Schedule"}))

Attachments

• excel help 2.JPG
    excel help 2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Try using this formula for your cells in Column L (assuming a header row and data starts on Row 2).

Excel Formula:
=AND($L2="Complete",$I2<>"")

Upvote 0
Try using this formula for your cells in Column L (assuming a header row and data starts on Row 2).
Guess I should have clarified that that was the formula for the Conditional Formatting, as you obviously have a formula in Column L.

Attachments

• MrExcel0309.PNG
    MrExcel0309.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88mp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back