Controlled Data Entry - Bar Code reader to complete 6 columns on a row - then return to the next row

texmansru47

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry for the long title, but it gets confused with some of the other YOUTUBE and responses I have gotten. I am creating a CSV file to collect serial numbers and asset tags from hardware like monitors and docking stations. HOWEVER I only have 6 columns where data collection will happen. I want to see if in excel (without VBS) is there a means to scan in all 6 serial numbers and assets tags and have the cursor move to the next column (that is working fine)... but once it hits the 6th column the cursor will start at column 1 on the next row... Is that feasible in native Excel?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Can you clarify what you mean by doing something in "Native Excel".
Do you want the Bar Code Reader to create data directly into an excel file?
If so, what is the CSV file you mention in the second sentence for? CSV files usually auto wrap and move to the next row.
But, you could also bring your CSV data into power query. Maybe some examples of good results expectations and the bad of what you're getting now would help?

Upvote 0
Can you clarify what you mean by doing something in "Native Excel".
Do you want the Bar Code Reader to create data directly into an excel file?
If so, what is the CSV file you mention in the second sentence for? CSV files usually auto wrap and move to the next row.
But, you could also bring your CSV data into power query. Maybe some examples of good results expectations and the bad of what you're getting now would help?
Yes that is true but I only have 6 fields to collect data... and I cannot seems to block or limit the document to those 6 fields.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back