Convert VBA Excel xlsm to a html

Pinaceous

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Day Everyone!

I'm trying to convert my macro embedded document to an interactive html document.

I'm exploring things like python and anaconda ect to convert my xlsm to html.

For example, in using this website below, you can convert your document for free, from an xlsm to an html but it then loses its macro capability:

Python EXCEL to HTML - Online EXCEL to HTML Converter

Any suggestions on what needs to be accomplished to convert my document to an html in retaining its macro in lieu of hiring a company?

Please let me know your suggestions!

Thank you!
Pinaceous

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
VBA doesn't work online - it's not a web language.

Upvote 0
What about Excel Online? I know Java script is a help but not sure how to go about his process.

Do you?

Upvote 0
Yes, you could potentially use one of the subsets of Javascript (OfficeJS/Office Scripts), but that's not VBA/xlsm files, and it definitely does not have the same functionality. Excel, currently, has a method of exporting workingbooks to HTML files, and it does quite a good job of it (in my opinion), but there is no conversion of code at all undertaken in that process.

It really all depends on what it is that you want to accomplish, and what it is that your code does.

Strictly speaking, there is an older technology (that I think is woefully underappreciated) called HTML Applications. It's a way of combining HTML files and a subset of Visual Basic called VBScript. But that's a whole other thing altogether... and again, depends on what you're trying to do.

Upvote 1
Thanks Dan_W!

I'll definitely check up on that older tech and thank you!

I am hoping for a chat gpt conversion software because that link in my first post really does a wonderful job but thinking why can't it do the vba also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back