Converting PowerPoint to PDF Misses Some Images

LaOs

I have PowerPoint files that have been sent to me to be converted to PDF files for uploading for a course for students to download. I have Adobe Arobat 8 Professional and am using PowerPoint 2003. I'm on a Windows XP Machine, but that's about all I know about it.

When I use the button on the PDF toolbar to convert a PowerPoint presentation to PDF, it appears to work. It creates the .pdf file, but it seems to be ignoring some images on some slides. For example, the file I'm looking at right now ignores the image on the second slide, even though it includes the title/text on the slide. It also is ignoring a number of images throughout the rest of the presentation.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can avoid/correct this? And, looking through more slides, it's not just ignoring images. On some slides it keeps the text but doesn't have the image, but on others it is completely blank, missing both text, drawn objects, and images. I just ran through the presentation and there are no animations or fancy things like that, so my one guess was bunk.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I don't know why that should happen but maybe it's worth trying another PDF writer. Do a Google search, there are a number of free ones out there that just work like printer drivers.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back