Copy 1 Column From A Table Of A Few Columns By Choosing Header Name

junkyardforme

Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to create a workbook for a yearly class.
I have a school of 1 class per year.

In sheet 1 (called "Tuition") I created a table in which I enter the tuition the people of the class paid, in the order of the date I receive them.

In sheet 2 (called "Class") I created a table to enter the names of the class from each year. Each class in a separate column, (each year I just add a column to the table and name the header for that year).

In sheet 3 (called "Paid) I created a table where I want to be able to see the complete year for each individual if they're up to date with they're monthly tuition, that means that in this sheet I do not enter any data, it get's updated by itself via the formulas I've created in the table (for example: C2 will show how much Abraham paid for his deposit, and the info will be taken from the "Tuition" sheet via the "Sumifs()" formula). (Column B [Tuition Price] is manually entered).

I've uploaded images of my sheets bellow.

My issue is that I don't wanna have to create such kind of table for each year separately, so in A1 I created a Data Validation with a list from the headers of the table in sheet "Class", so I'm able to select each year. But I want that when I select in A1 a certain year, that column should automatically be updated with the class list from that year, which is entered in sheet "Class".

I have no clue how to get this done. I think I'll need to do it via VBA, but I've never done a VBA, and I don't know a cent about it, so I'll need step by step information how this gets done, if this thing that I want is possible at all.

Attachments

• Class Sheet.jpg
    Class Sheet.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Paid Sheet.jpg
    Paid Sheet.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Tuition Sheet.jpg
    Tuition Sheet.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back