Copy active sheet to unopened workbook sheet

ceejay111

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Here is my though process flow. I am exporting an .xlsx file from software which overwrites the data each time it writes. I can then call a separate file to open, call and import that data that was originally created by the first sheet, format the data how I want it, and then take the formatted data and export it and append it to another workbook, which would hold all the finalized data that is formatted. Problems I'm having:

1. I wrote code to, on open of workbook 2, imports data from workbook 1, but it imports as new sheet, creating a new sheet each time. I need this part to only be 1 sheet on workbook 2. Workbook 2 is just handling the importing and formatting, clearing all previous data from the last run.
2. I can not figure out a way to export the data from workbook 2 to workbook 3 and keep it on the same sheet, basically with a blank row between each entry.

So again, process flow:

Workbook 1 (Initial Output of Data) ---> Workbook 2 (Formatting of Data) --> Workbook 3 (ALL Data that has been formatted)

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi paste your code here. It sounds like before you paste, you need to figure out the lastrow+2 and then paste to that new row so that you have the blank line followed by the data all on the same sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back