Copy cell information from a worksheet to another worksheet finding the matching unique number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Van

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a worksheet called Loan Request Return that gives information in rows V6, W6, X6, Y6

I would like this information copied to a worksheet called Equipment Library into rows J,K,L,M but not row 6 - I want the row to find the matching unique number which is located in column c for the Equipment sheet and in column M of the Loan Request Return

I have seen it done in an excel sheet before but just cannot get it! Can someone help please
Jen

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not pictures) of both sheets. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
Hi
Link Equipment Master.xlsm

In Loan Request Return worksheet, when rows V,W,X,Y are filled in
I want the information to automatically be copied over to the Equipment Library Worksheet entering the copied data into rows J,K,L,M

However, the bit I am stuck with is I want the copied data to match the equipment Unique code it refers to.
On the Request Return worksheet this UID is in column M
On the Equipment Library it is in column C

What I am doing is that when the "Loan Request Return" is completed, it automatically updates the Equipment Library showing the the piece of equipment is out
on loan, where it is, when it went and when it is due back - so we have a record of its current whereabouts.

When it is returned on Loan Request Return date AA it would be great if the information could be removed and status reads available but I think this is asking a lot!

I hope this all helps
Jen

Upvote 0
Could you upload a version with columns Q:W unhidden?

Upvote 0
Duplicate to: Two or more VBA in one worksheet

In future, please do not post the same question multiple times. Per Forum Rules (#12), posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted.

In relation to your question here, I have closed this thread so please continue in the linked thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back