Copy header, footer and body for pasting into Word

scotthannaford1973

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

I have a worksheet with a header and a footer and a body with some data; I'd like to be able to copy all of that and embed it into Word - but not as an icon, as a visible worksheet in Word.

Can someone please remind me how to copy the header, footer and body of an Excel worksheet!?

thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Just select the range, ctrl+c to copy, paste into new Word document? Seems to work for me. Default was no table borders, but it's easy to modify that.

Upvote 0
Just select the range, ctrl+c to copy, paste into new Word document? Seems to work for me. Default was no table borders, but it's easy to modify that.
Hi... that doesn't copy the header and footer, though... just the range/body.

Upvote 0
Then I don't know what you're copying. Top is a table, bottom is just a range - pasted into Word.
I didn't bother with creating footers but I don't see how that would matter. I'd say both have header row(s).
1677188537876.png

Upvote 0
Then I don't know what you're copying. Top is a table, bottom is just a range - pasted into Word.
I didn't bother with creating footers but I don't see how that would matter. I'd say both have header row(s).
View attachment 86067
Hi

It's a range on an Excel sheet but I also want to include the page header and page footer... I.e. which aren't within the main body.

Upvote 0
OK, I think I get what you're saying. The h & f is what you set up in page design. In that case, the only thing I can think of is to set the h & f in Word and paste the sheet range in between.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back