Copy One Cell Text to a cell in other Sheet using Vlookup

mat3usPT

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys and thank you in advance for your help.
I have an excel book to help me export text values for my stream overlay.

Basically I have a database on one sheet callled "Slots" with all the info about the games

ccc5461b1bc8d8cbcf6a3389cc0463b3.png

And I have another Sheet called "SlotStream" with all the info for a specific stream

bcc285ac6c4c267fcdf5290e059a5bf4.png

Each time that I have a new high score on a game, I want to be able to update column B and C on "Slots" sheet with that info. The ideal was for the process to be automatic, but I wouldn't mind to do that with Doubleclick function or so...
Basically on the examples above imagine that I have new highscore on Big Bass Bonanza today. I want to be able to update B23 and B23 on "slots" with J2 and K2 of "slotstream" sheet.
The problem is that i erase all the info on "slotstream" after each stream, so the highscore must always be stored on the database on "slots" sheet.

I hope that I was able to explain my problem, and I really hope that someone could help me with a solution or at least some initial options for it.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Formulas based on another cell will ALWAYS look at that cell.
e,g,
B1 is a null value, nothing in the cell at all.
in A1 I type 3.

in B1 I put

=A1

B1 is now also 3.
If I now delete A1 then B1 will no longer be 3, it will be 0 since A1 is now null.

So in your sheets if you clear the data in Slotstream you will lose the information in Slots

Suggest you use a VBA solution which will keep the Slots data intact even if Slotstream data is cleared.
I'm afraid I don't have time to write such a solution

Upvote 0
Formulas based on another cell will ALWAYS look at that cell.
e,g,
B1 is a null value, nothing in the cell at all.
in A1 I type 3.

in B1 I put

=A1

B1 is now also 3.
If I now delete A1 then B1 will no longer be 3, it will be 0 since A1 is now null.

So in your sheets if you clear the data in Slotstream you will lose the information in Slots

Suggest you use a VBA solution which will keep the Slots data intact even if Slotstream data is cleared.
I'm afraid I don't have time to write such a solution

Hello mate and thank you for answering.

I know what you're saying, that's why I need to send the value from the volatile sheet to the database sheet, and when i say send, I mean send and store on that cell.
I suppose I need VBA but I don't understand the codes I've seen to personalize it :(

Thanks for your time though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back