Creating a shared calendar using worksheets in excel 2010

sharprach

This could get a little long winded but I will try and explain succinctly.

My department runs education within a hospital. We have one nurse educator per hospital unit and there are 7 units.
Each unit and educator runs their own education sessions each month that apply to only that unit. However, they also run education that may be informative for nurses from other units and it is opened up for them to attend.

I am trying to develop a calendar which shows all education across the hospital that is open to anybody, but also unit specific calendars that show the education available to that unit's staff.

We currently use word and I manually insert education according to these parameters each month which is very time consuming.
I thought excel might offer a better solution and what I would like to achieve is this;

A worksheet per unit (eg; ED, Orthopedics, Surgical etc) where they list all their education running per month. Somehow I need to define each session as unit specific or open to others. The dificulty is that I also need anything that is listed as open to others to feed into the other units pages so it is visable to them.

An organisation wide worksheet; which lists education that is across the board for everyone to attend but not specific to one unit. E.g CPR, Pain management, wound dressing etc. This information also needs to feed into the unit worksheets so it will be visable on their calendar.

A master calendar; which is fed by the other sheets and lists all education across the hospital and which if possible defines if it is open to all or unit specific.

I think it is possible that the master calendar and the organisation wide calendar could be the same thing?

So basically, I would like to be able to print a calendar each month for each unit which shows the education that their educator is running *plus* anything else running within the hospital that they can attend. I also need a master calendar that tracks all the education running each month.

I know that there must be some way to do this but I don't have the skills to figure out how to set it up. Is excel the best solution for creating this calendar?

Thanks in advance.
Rachel

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi welcome to the board.</SPAN>
Your project sounds extensive but calendars can be produced using Excel if that’s what you want.</SPAN>

Have a look here: </SPAN>
Free Calendars and Calendar Templates | Printable Calendars

Most calendars can be downloaded for free - You may be able to find something that you can adapt to develop your project.</SPAN>

Dave.</SPAN>

Upvote 0
Thanks very much for the link, there are some lovely templates there to save me heaps of time in formatting.

Upvote 0
OK, how about I break down my questions as I am working on the workbook.

If I create identical worksheet that have a calendar template in it, Is there a formula I can simply apply to the whole sheet that says - Apply the data from this sheet into the corresponding cell in (example) sheet? Rather than putting it in each cell?

Upvote 0
Hi,
glad link useful.
If you need further support to develop your project, suggest you place copy of your workbook in a dropbox where others here can access - Adding some sample data & explanation of desired outcome would make it easier to understand where you are trying to get to.

Hope helpful

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back