Custom Cabinet Spreadsheet - issues with how to make it user friendly for customers

mthacks

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
One of the challenges I've been facing in our line of work is making it easier for customers to provide their project specifications. Many of them don't have access to Microsoft Excel, and even if they do, they might not be familiar with VBA/Macros. This often leads to orders being submitted on napkins or scrap paper, which can be prone to errors due to handwriting issues or missing information.

I've attached a couple of sheets that I've developed to address this issue, but I believe there's an opportunity for us to collaborate and find a more efficient solution. One idea I've been exploring is transitioning to an online service where customers can input their project details directly, even from their mobile phones. Have you encountered similar challenges in your business?

"C:\Users\mthac\OneDrive - Forrest Wood Products\Template\Excel Forum Docs - Stripped Down\Drawer Pricing and Cutlist.xlsx"

Also asked here Custom Cabinet Spreadsheet - issues with how to make it user friendly for customers

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Consider using Microsoft Forms. It allows you to export an Excel spreadsheet with all intakes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aby2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back