Data to Chart

cra5hdown

Hi, thanks for taking a look.
I may be being an idiot here, but i cant get a chart to show what i am after. (ive never really been any good at charts)
I have a data table for keeping track of vehicle mileage, columns: date; registration plate; mileage
I want to show a line chart, x=date, y=mileage, each vehicle to be its own series.
The point is to project mileage of each vehicle as the hire agreement limits this.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
It sounds like you need a pivot chart, because you really need each registration to have its own column. You'd just create a pivot table with the date as a row field, reg as a column field, and mileage as the value, then create a line chart from that.

Upvote 0
Solution
It sounds like you need a pivot chart, because you really need each registration to have its own column. You'd just create a pivot table with the date as a row field, reg as a column field, and mileage as the value, then create a line chart from that.
I smh! I was thinking pivot was the way to go but couldnt get it to work
My data had mileage preceeded by apostraphe's, so it wouldnt do it. (i also discovered some double submissions on given days, as the pivot sums them, problem)
I got there in the end. not my best monday morning tbh

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back