Date calculation...

bbbb1234

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Since Outlook will not do what I need using the recurring feature, I thought I would use Excel to generate the dates, and then import the date list into my Outlook calendar. Here is the description.
I need to get the date of the Monday before each first Tuesday of the following month. There is a tricky border condition that I can't figure out so I will provide a few examples:
- For May 2022: the first Tuesday of May falls on 5/3/22 so the last Monday of the previous month is 4/25/22 and it happens to be a full week in April
- For June 2022: the first Tuesday of June falls on 6/7/22 so the last Monday of the previous month is 5/30/22 but it is not a full week in May

My setup is:
In Column A I have a date with the first day of each month like this:
11/1/22 In Column B, I want the formula that will give me date in November of the Monday in November before the first Tuesday of December
12/1/22 In Column B, I want the formula that will give me date iin December of the Monday in December before the first Tuesday of January
1/1/23 In Column B, I want the formula that will give me date in January of the Monday in January before the first Tuesday of February
2/1/23 In Column B, I want the formula that will give me date in February of the Monday in February before the first Tuesday of March
etc.

Thanks in advance for the assist!!!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi there,

If your column with the first days of each month starts in A2, then:

B2
Excel Formula:
=EOMONTH(A2,0)+1-WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(A2,0)+1,12)

Copy down.

Upvote 0
Thanks Leo Skywalker and Habtest for the formulas! I think I have it sorted out now!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back