Did a forum update break stuff for me?

Micron

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Forum lists look awful all of a sudden - tall and wide. Post reply button won't work for me. I don't have this issue on other forums, so not sure if that helps. Maybe a browser update did this to me? Using Firefox 115.0.3 64 bit
Have never posted here before (and don't even know if the post thread button will work) but if pics are allowed in this forum I can show how the list looks.

Tried to paste views of the two lists but doesn't seem to be accepting that method. At least that's what I see in the composing window and preview window.
1691260048232.png

Attachments

• 1691259903655.png
    1691259903655.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 11
Forum looks normal to me. Using Chrome.

Edit: Also fine with Firefox for me

Last edited:
I tried to post pics of what the lists look like using the normal approach for that. What is in my last post is the result - no images.
The post I was trying to save still won't save.

@Micron: There is no known or reported issue as you explained in the Firefox browser.
However, the second screenshot that doesn't show the forum list properly looks like a missing stylesheet rule problem. The cached CSS file could be somehow corrupted in your browser cache.

When you are browsing in the forum, could you please open the Firefox Developer Tools (Ctrl + Shift + I) that is most likely opened at the bottom, click on the Network tab in the developer tools window, select the Display Cache checkbox, and refresh the page? I am not using Firefox but Ctrl + Shift + R should also force the cached files to be reloaded.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 2.42.17 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@smozgur did you mean Disable Cache rather than Display Cache in the description?
You are right, Mark. Thanks for catching it.

@Micron: Just like @MARK858 warned, it is supposed to be Disable Cache option as it looks in the screenshot. Sorry for the confusion.

At some point the Unanswered list returned to normal by itself and I was able to post the waiting reply. However the post seems somewhat out of logical order. Regardless, I did as suggested just in case. Thanks for responding, but there doesn't seem to be an option to mark any reply as the solution.

Thanks for responding, but there doesn't seem to be an option to mark any reply as the solution
You only get the mark as solution option when you are in one of the Question Forums ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back