Difficulty Copying from Workbook to Workbook

Mike54

When I copy from one Workbook to another things work fine, but when I record it as a Macro it works as I do it but will not replay.

I have tried many ways and spent lots of time hunting for solutions, many are not relevant or too complicated

I'm trying to collect "Month Data" I send out a Workbook which contains a Macro.

When it's sent back I have the "Year15" Workbook open, I open the "September" Workbooks one at a time and run the Macro to import the Data to Column A

This must have been done successfully many times, but I continually get error messages

Any guidance much appreciated
Many thanks
PS
I think i have finally managed to post HTML for first time! Yippeee

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> CommandButton2_Click()<br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Workbook Name "September" this is my source data</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'MData Name of Range("A1:A20)</SPAN><br>Application.Goto Reference:="MData"<br>Selection.Copy<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Separate Workbook Named "Year15" this is my destination</SPAN><br>Windows("Year15.xlsm").Activate<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'This will be the first blank Cell Column A, but for now A24 will do.</SPAN><br>Range("A24").Select<br>ActiveSheet.Paste<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi Mike,
congrats on the HTML post, next step: use the [ code ] sign for the bits of code ;). I took the liberty of rewriting your code a bit, using some variables to get rid of .Select and .Activate statements which generally have a high chance of causing errors. I also threw in "find last row".

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
'Workbook Name "September" this is my source data

Set ActWb = ActiveWorkbook
Set DataSht = ActWb.Names("MData").RefersToRange.Worksheet
Set DestWb = Workbooks("Year2015.xlsm")

lastrw = DestWb.ActiveSheet.Range("A" & Cells.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
DataSht.Range("MData").Copy Destination:=DestWb.ActiveSheet.Range("A" & lastrw)

End Sub
Hope this helps you,
Koen

Upvote 0
Koen

Thank you for taking the time to help me, I had not considered using variables in that way and if it reduces errors the I think I need to use your method. As you can see I eventually 'Forced' a method, it got me through at the time but I'm not sure it's very robust, although finding the last entry from the bottom up seemed to work well.
I have a little time before the next one goes out so I will switch to your method, thanks for your time & help
Mike

[<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> L <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>****Application.Goto Reference:="AllDataSept"<br>****Selection.Copy<br>****Windows("SeptemberMaster 1.0.xlsm").Activate<br>****<SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate</SPAN><br>****L = ActiveSheet.Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row<br>****L = L + 1<br>****ActiveSheet.Cells(L, 4).Select<br>****ActiveSheet.Paste<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back