Displaying and updating data from different sheets

kubazabran

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Web
Hi! I'm creating Excel File with data of sales that should be updated every month. Ideally, we'd like to achieve the situation, where the editor fills in just one number for each item (= sales for the last month) and all the data and graphs in other sheets will be updated automatically.

I'll try to explain the situation as best as I can.

How it currently works
We have one file with multiple sheets. On the sheet "src_sheet" there are data for each month and items. The idea is, that every month the editor adds new column with the current month and fill in the actual number for each item. Looks something like this. In the end of March, we'd add new column to the left and fill in the numbers.

So the last month is still in column "B".
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 12.06.49.png

What we want to achieve (and I still can't figure it how) is this:

Pushing data (- 12 columns) from the same column
The other sheet should display data from the current month and compared them with data with the same month in last years. So basically it should always take the data from col "B" and then from "N" and "Z"). If I use "=src_data!B3," the column is updated every time I added another column to src_data. How can I achieve the situation where it will be always from B3 column, no matter how much cols I add to source sheet?

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 12.09.12.png

Automatically adding next month
On another sheet there should be comparison of all months of specific item, e. g. like on the screen. When I add March to src_data, I'd need automatically to add March to this sheet. Now I need to manually add "=src_data!B10" each time I add new month.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 10.47.13.png

Always highlight the last column in a chart
It would be nice to be able to always highlight the last column in the chart.

I'm not sure if anything like this is possible, but it would help me a lot.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
ok, got different idea and we'll try different approach. This can be deleted for now, thanks

Upvote 0
Questions are not deleted on the board.
If you have a solution then you can post it to help others who might have a similar problem and then mark it as your own solution. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that is not an answer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back