Does anyone have the Current Version Channel Preview updated after 08/2023?

awoohaw

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello all,
This is my current version:
Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17231.20084) 64-bit

It seems the last update was August 2023, which I think is pretty distant. And I have seen some you tube video posts of functions that work differently particularly the BYROW and BYCOL functions. (I will post the link below the text of the post.)

It seems there is an update coming where you do not need to explicitly state the LAMBDA function as in:
Excel Formula:
=BYROW(A1:E4,LAMBDA(r,SUM(r)))
and that soon only this will be necessary:
Excel Formula:
=BYROW(A1:E4,SUM)

Which is much cleaner and easier to follow.

But, I am really confused as when I click on update, the app says i'm up to date, yet the later function syntax does not work.
But, at the same time, I cannot locate that build number in the MS-Excel update release history of the Current Version.

Any thoughts?

PS. Admins if this post should be in another forum please move as you see fit.

Link with new syntax described:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
The last update on my 64bit was yesterday (applied it this morning)... still no GroupBy and PivotBy functions or insert checkboxes.

Version Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17231.20084) 64-bit, so not so sure about the below but I thought we were already on 2402 on 64bit Beta unless they have taken it back because of recent issues.
It seems the last update was August 2023

The recent Beta builds listed (I think it only shows 32bit versions) are

January 17, 2024
Version 2402 (Build 17315.20000)

January 09, 2024
Version 2402 (Build 17304.20000)

January 03, 2024
Version 2401 (Build 17231.20008)

January 02, 2024
Version 2401 (Build 17228.20000)

December 20, 2023
Version 2401 (Build 17217.20000) (Rolled back)

December 12, 2023
Version 2401 (Build 17204.20000)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same version as Mark Version Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17231.20084) 64-bit

I am not clear on the logic of the numbering scheme(s). The system shows different numbers in different places.

It may be that we are on the "current channel" and others are on the "beta" channel.
It would be nice to know what is on the updates so that I do not have to check with each update whether or not new features were included.
Many of you experts provide valuable information for Microsoft,

Per Microsoft

"Beta Channel​

We recommend this channel for people who want to try out new features while they’re still in active development, identify issues, and provide feedback. You will receive frequent updates that include new features as well as bug fixes and other updates.

Beta Channel is best suited for people who don’t mind the bit of risk involved in using unsupported builds.

Current Channel (Preview)​

We recommend this channel for customers who want to receive supported builds with less frequent, more stable updates and minimal risk.

New features are released about once per month and may include bug fixes and other updates."

Upvote 0
@Dave Patton I have seen descriptions of what is in the builds, but it was through a rabbit hole of clicks that I was not monitoring how I got there.
I have the Current Channel Preview (which i think is closer to production than Beta as per the description above). What i'm confused is why I saw my last update was in August but my version was released more recently, but I still don't think I have the latest "Current Channel (Preview)" release.

But, it seems we're all mostly in the same situation. I'm not really sure this question will technically ever have an answer though. :)

Upvote 0
but I still don't think I have the latest "Current Channel (Preview)" release
If you go to do a manual update it will tell you if you are on the current release for your version of Excel or it will update

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back