Doughnut/Pie Chart Gauge Functionality

foustus82

Board Regular
I have a simple gauge set up where I have 5 visible sections of a doughnut chart (representing commission bands). These commission bands are established based on the max sales for each band. Here are the bands I'm using, the commission rate is on the left, sales maximum on the right:

Start0

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I've overlayed the doughnut chart with a pie chart to create the gauage. The three values of the pie chart are the current sales amount, the needle size, and the difference of the maximum (100k)-(current sales+needle size). Rotate both charts to 270 degrees, and there you have it. This seems to be a very typical way of creating gauges from what I've seen online/on youtube.

However, the issue I'm running into is the needle is not moving at the correct rate. Let's say I have 15k in sales. That would fall in the first commission band. So my needle should be resting around the 75% mark of the first section of the doughnut chart. Once I breech 20k in sales, the needle should move into the next commission section of the doughnut chart and so on. However, I have a case where the total sales is 21k (2nd section commission band), but the needle is still sitting in the first commission band section. It has moved, but not moved enough I guess we could say.

Any ideas on why the needle is not moving as much as it should be? This may more difficult to answer without seeing the gauge and supporting data series, but I can't seem to find how I can attach the spreadsheet to the thread.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back