Every time I cut or copy a tab from one sheet to another much of the formatting is lost

photonboy

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I've tried cut/past, copy/paste, cut/paste special, copy/paste special, no matter what I do all of my painstakingly adjusted row sizes are lost, squishing the text, images that I had neatly placed in cells get splattered around the pasted sheet, sometimes the images get multiplied, so what was one image in one cell becomes 10 or 15 of the exact same image stacked on top of each other, also sometimes the images get stretched/distorted and have to be resized back to their original condition, frozen panes are lost and have to be re-frozen in the new sheet. Also often lose the date formatting of certain cells.

I can't imagine that this is how it's supposed to function, google is no help, just links to Microsoft pages that are vague or for similar but different issues.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating and adds an hour or two of work to my day, every day.

Any help solving these would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
You could just make a whole copy of the sheet and give the new sheet a new name like this:

In my example I'm making a copy of the sheet named Master and giving it a new name.

Modify to your needs.
VBA Code:
Sub RectangleDiagonalCornersSnipped1_Click()
Sheets("Master").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = "Fred"
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back