excel 2019

overbet

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
I was wondering if anyone has used and has an opinion on excel 2019. I currently use 2010 and like it and I am considering updating to 2019. I didnt like 2016 personally. It didnt seem to run my workbooks as well. Thanks for any feedback. It would be a big change for me since I use excel daily so wanted to get some experienced users input before purchasing it.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
i use 365 for mac, which is 2019 and find it useful, some of the newer functions are useful.
BUT i cant answer why 2016 didnt run well ? or if 2019 will be OK

Upvote 0
I'm running 2019 on a windows machine and I am satisfied. Historically, I have run XP, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 previously and found no issues each time I upgraded. I like that 2019 has Power Query integrated into the Data Tab. Since 365 has intellisense for Power Query, (which is not available in 2019) I will be moving in that direction shortly.

Upvote 0
I'm using 2019 on windows 10 and its fine.
I selected it as it is the latest version for a single license. I have a personal dislike of the subscription license needed for 365 but on the plus side, 365 has all the latest toys and will continue to develop, 2019 will not.
There are a few nice things integrated into 365, like "xlookup" which is not available in the 2019 version. Obviously, there are more toys but that is the one I feel that I have missed out on.
So I guess you make your choice and pay for what you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back