Excel 97, DateAdd Not Working

dw85745

I just created a new spreadsheet in Excel 97,
DateAdd is NOT in function list and usage RETURNS >> NoName
I know DateDif (VB6 is DateDiff) was Not included in Excel but does Work in Excel-97.
Any ideas ??

ALSO is there a work around for Macro's in Excel 97 under Win-10,. There is "NO TRUST" available, and M$ in their infinite wisdom stopped Macro use for security reasons,
even though some of us still may work Offline.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
.DateAdd probably was not part of Excel 97.

What are you trying to do and what is your question.

Upvote 0
DATEADD is an Access function.
You can call an Access function in VBA using the library.

Upvote 0
Thanks you both for responding.
Dave Patton: Just trying to take a date and add N number of days to it to obtain a new date.

SpillerDB
How do you call an Access function via the VBA library from Excel ?

RE: MACROs
I could write some code to do this BUT MS$ has eliminated ALL MACRO use except for the newer version which use TRUST (Excel-97 does NOT have TRUST).
I'm not sure yet, but with the new TRUST that is required for Win-11, MS$ MAY have obsoleted not only all Hardware but Software.

Upvote 0
Thanks you both for responding.
Dave Patton: Just trying to take a date and add N number of days to it to obtain a new date.

SpillerDB
How do you call an Access function via the VBA library from Excel ?

I could write some code to do this BUT MS$ has eliminated ALL MACRO use except for the newer version which use TRUST (Excel-97 does NOT have TRUST).
I'm not sure yet, but with the new TRUST that is required for Win-11, MS$ MAY have obsoleted not only all Hardware but Software.
Actually those functions are part of the VBA library. Use the object browser to locate.

Upvote 0
They are obsoleting unsupported software that has major security risk like the VBA 4.0. XLS and the related formats have other potentential issues that the Office-XML file types avoid (though not the XLSB file format.)
Links to the different Office 2021 purchase (lifetime license) are available at What's new in Office 2021

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back