Excel Macro

prajaktapisal

I have not created macro coding for Excel.
but when i click Alt+F11 in excel and there open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application Window. i have closed that window without create/edit anything on it.
after that i was saving (Ctrl+s) this excel file then it gives following error/warning :-

"Privacy Warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web Components.These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the Document Inspector."

But in my excel i never did macro coding. how this warning occurred?
and my excel could not able to save.

Please, help me.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Alt+F11 is keyboard shortcut to open VB editor.
It is okay if you press that combination and get that window. Close it if you do not want to write a macro.

The warning you will get periodically till the particular session is open or when you try to save the file. Ignore it. It's perfectly harmless.

Ignore that Privacy warning and Save the file.

BTW, why you have to press Alt+F11 if you do not wish to write a macro???

Upvote 0
Thank You sir,
Actually we have write a program in C# windows application that exports word file to excel.
i want to show my excel macro free.
but when i press Alt+F11 for checking is the excel has macros or not. it opens VB editor and i close that window without any create/edit macro code.
after close that VB editor window, i try to save my excel but it gives warning.
what to do then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said, Once you open the VB editor, This "Privacy Warning" will flash periodically if you keep the file (or even the particular session of Excel) open for a long time. This is just a safety feature. Because once you start recording macro, it will record (almost) every action subjected to application. Again to make it clear, when you RECORD macro then only the actions would be recorded. If you are not recording a macro nor you are editing a subroutine then there is no issue.

You can simply ignore the warning message by pressing OK, press Ctrl+S, and you can see saving process in status bar.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back