Excel Masters Help! Formulas for Count, Index, Match, and Cross Analyzing Data

Trys2Hard

Hello Excel masters!
I am working on a project, and need help. I have a table of data and need to be able to analyze, extrapolate and create lists based on the table or on the table and a list made from the table. I do not want to make pivot tables, but want the data of certain pivot tables. i am fine with cheater columns, sheet and all, even cheater pivots if needed, lol. I would Like formulas and automating it to the max, and to put all the data on one sheet if possible. Thank you!

The Data: i am using some abbreviations and code here, also my data has spaces, and dashes.

text= a unique text string; text1 = a unique text string but not "text" so i can represent multiple different unique text strings; and so on
# = a single numeric value (like 7); ## = two single numeric values (like 15); and so on
Header
Code
T_Name
LVL
Q
C
E_NAME
USELESS INFO
USELESS INFO 2
C/Q
Date_C/Q
Dated
New_C/Q_Date
Remove_C/Q_Date
B_Name
text text1
####-##-text3
text3
##
N
Y
Name1
Blahh
Blahh
Y
Date1
Y
Name8
text ##
####-##-text4
text4
#
Y
N
Name5
Blahh
Blahh
Y
Date2
Y
Name7
text text2
####-##-text5
text5
#
N
Y
Name1
Blahh
Blahh
Y
Date3
Y
Name8
text text1
####-##-text6
text6
##
N
Y
Name3
Blahh
Blahh
Y
Date4
Y
Name7
text ##
####-##-text3
text3
#
N
Y
Name1
Blahh
Blahh
Y
Date1
Y
Date5
Name8
text text2
####-##-text4
text4
##
N
N
Name2
Blahh
Blahh
N
N
Name8
text text1
####-##-text7
text7
#
N
N
Name6
Blahh
Blahh
N
N
Date6
Name7

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now what i need:

How many E_Names have a specific header. (In this case texte1 text has 3)

How many E_Names have a specific header and a New_C/Q_Date or a Date_C/Q. (In this case texte1 text has 2)

I need to show the % Complete per E_Name of a Header. Based on New_C/Q_Date or a Date_C/Q for each T_Name to header.

Then I will give every E_Name a LVL, i will need to then apply that E_LVL to the LVL. if they meet or exceed, then all T_Name in that category are counted towards the new stats. if not, then those numbers are not counted. So the % completed will only reflect those in the LVL.

I would like to be able to have it so on a display Sheet, a Boss can click on a header and a new sheet would kinda, drill down, a list of E_Nmaes with that header loaded, including the entire row data.

Then if possible to find the next CODE, or T_Name and E_Name should aim to get a New_C/Q_Date or a Date_C/Q in order to increase the header completion % to 100% or as close as possible based off LVL.

Thank you for any help!
-Trys2Hrad

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet_Nectarine_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back