Excel MOS Certification preparation?

Peter h

A few months back I finished and Advanced Excel class, and I use Excel on a daily basis at work, and have decided to go ahead and do the MOS Certification. I'm a little worried about it, because I'm familiar with the tasks I used a lot, but the excel features that I don't normally use I'm worried will come back and bite me when I take the test. Anyone have any suggestions how I can prepare for the test? I bought the voucher with a retake, so I'll be able to retake it if need be. Thanks for any suggestions.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
What version of Excel are you going to do the exam on? When you did the Excel Advanced class did you discuss the MOS exam with your trainer (If done with a IT Training company). What research have you done so far?

Upvote 0
I will be doing excel 2013. I went through an excel beginners, intermediate, and advanced courses at my local community college. I didn't really discuss the certification with my instructor much. I emailed her about it, and she gave me just some basic information about it. Other than those 3 courses, I don't have any other real training in excel, just what I've learned from using it at work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlanc20

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back