Excel security/password Question

Siyanna

Hi,

For some reason nothing got posted on the other thread title (Excel security/password Question).

Basically, i have some spreadsheets where before i open the workbook i enter a password to open (excel 2007). This was done through the Tools- options way.

Now i want to be able to change my passwords however for me to do this i need to save as and create the workbook again and that's when i have the option to change from the tools - option etc...

This way i have 2 workbooks with 2 passwords to open which is what i dont want.

Is there a quicker way from my spreadsheet i can have the option to change password for when opening or modify workbook?

Thank You

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
As far as I know that's a feature of SaveAs, but you could always choose to save the file in the same location with the same name but with the modified password?

Upvote 0
I don't understand why you need to save and create the workbook again !!
Why not open the workbook with the existing password and then go back to Tools / options and change the information...or am I missing something ....:unsure:

Upvote 0
I don't understand why you need to save and create the workbook again !!
Why not open the workbook with the existing password and then go back to Tools / options and change the information...or am I missing something ....:unsure:

Hi Michael, thats my point. I want to change the password however when i open the workbook with the existing password. I dont have the option to go to tools to change the password in excel 2007 unless i save as. I just wanted to see if there was a quicker to change the password rather than save as. My aim is to change the password, not create another workbook.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank You

Upvote 0
Click the Office button, 'Prepare', then 'Encrypt document' and change the password to whatever you like.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back