Excel selecting rows from spreadsheet by text column value

Ddeeramone

Hi Guys. I'm not really an expert excel user, but I have created a spreadsheet to automatically score an assessment tool. It saves a lot of time, and I am now thinking that I can further reduce human error by automatically selecting some of the information for report writing purposes. I am at a little bit of a loss as to whether this is possible though.
The factor scores are summed from a data entry sheet and the scores are then calculated with different formulas like this =IF($C5<39,"40---39",IF(($C5<41),"40-X-39",IF(($C5>40),"40---39"))). There can only be one x in a row and this donates the individuals score on that factor. One of the summary sheets look like this.

Untitled.png

What I would like to do is turn this data into a report (something like the document below). I can do parts of this but I am struggling with one part in particular. Is there a formula that I can use that will list all the rows With an x in one column. For example for the sheet below I would like to automatically produce "He/she had a definite difference for Vestibular, Multisensory and Oral Processing". I think that I work out what to do with the he/she and deal with null/blank data and other conditional bits. It is the formula that lists and joins the text that I can't do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[name the child] obtained scores that indicated typical performance on [name sensory system(s) here] processing, probable differences in [name sensory system(s) here] processing and definite differences on [name sensory system(s)here] processing.
Typical performance indicates that [name the child] uses these sensory inputs successfully. Therefore, [name the child] uses…[select]

· [auditory, visual] input effectively to understand what is going on around [him, her]

· [vestibular, touch, multisensory] input effectively to understand [his, her] own body

· [oral] input effectively to obtain and use information from the mouth area

[name the child] has difficulty with
[list which sensory systems are poor] information. When children have difficulty with
[list the sensory system(s)] processing, it means that this form of sensory input is either confusing, upsetting or not meaningful to the child. In any case, difficulty with sensory input can interfere with the child’s ability to complete important activities successfully as other children do.

MODULATION
[name the child] obtained scores that indicated [select]
typical ability to modulate sensory experiences in daily life. When children have good modulation, this means that they can organize input to create an appropriate response. [name the child] has this ability.
OR
difficulty modulating sensory experiences in daily life. [name the child] has difficulty with
[list types of modulation that are difficult]. This means that [he, she] might have trouble [select from next section]
OR
A range of abilities to modulate sensory experiences in daily life. [name the child] has difficulty with
[list types of modulation that are difficult]. This means that [he, she] might have trouble [select from next section based on the scores in the ‘definite difference’ range]

· [section G] sitting for long periods, remaining alert and maintaining participation with peers.
· [section H] anticipating how to move around safely, resulting in clumsiness, incoordination and frequent injuries.
· [section I] determining the appropriate responses for situations, being too excited or too withdrawn for demands of tasks at different times.
· [section J] responding appropriately to social or environmental cues, becoming inflexible or upset by situations more easily than others.
· [section K] understanding the meaning and usefulness of visual information resulting in inappropriate responses.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back