Excel spreadsheet - online as a interactive website - what to do next

Mandy_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,
I have an excel workbook that is an interactive meal planner that scales recipe ingredients. I wish to create a webpage (with client logins) and that will discontinue access after a (set) time frame has passed.

I don’t wish to shared my locked excel workbook.

I’ve tried looking into creating a webpage that will reference the formulas from excel and not change the data but allow an online interactive version for each client, and I’ve also looked into creating a webpage from scratch with formulas. I’m getting overwhelmed and not able to find any platform that I can see to help me with this.

Do you know what options I can be looking into please? I’ve tried google power apps, bubble, flutterflow, and glide…. I don’t know if I’m on the right path for what I wish to achieve and don’t know where to turn to next.

Thank you for your time.

My excel sheet uses dynamic arrays (from Office 365) and is about 3.5MB. It’s big :). There are a lot of formulas. It can calculate up to 300 recipes.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi Mandy,
I'm trying to understand your challenge. So your data in Excel, but you'd also need a web platform to present that data. To cut that into blocks:
  • for the webpage you probably already got an URL and a hosting party? How do you plan to maintain the users and their logins? Do you e.g. have a list of email addresses and want to maintain them yourself manually? So you could input john@john.com can login from 1-1-2024 till 31-08-2024 and see his meals/recipes?
  • Most probably you'd need a CMS to keep that list of users up to date, including a starting date & end-date -> people will have to log in, being able to set/change their password etc. E.g. Wordpress could help with that.
  • Next, how to get the info from your local Excel to that site. For that you probably have to set up scripts where you push info to e.g. CSV/JSON files that you upload to the web-server that can pick that info up and show it to the right user(s). The question is how often you want to update that info?
Another train of thought: if you maintain the users/emails, you could automate Excel (using VBA) so you send out the right information to each email address each day. So you present your info in a mail instead of people having to go to your site and log in.

A lot of questions, I know, but it can help me/the forum understand your problem better and see what direction might be smartest to go towards.
Cheers,
Koen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back