Excel Test - Interview

Teejay123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi - any useful free Excel test websites that can be recommended for an upcoming interview? I'm told it will be a couple of questions to answer to extract the information from the database. Never had one of these tests before but want it to be as relevant as possible.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
i have done a couple of tests for interviews in the past - and they where often very specific to the role as interpreted by the employeer
I also have set a few , and again these were very specific to the role and tested general knowledge some basic things and then more advanced pivot table manipulation and charting

I have also coached someone for a role , and again we discussed what the role consisted of .......

I'm told it will be a couple of questions to answer to extract the information from the database.
That could be quite a wide range of questions - powerquery, Pivot table , or simple lookups etc

Also depends on the version of excel the company is using - (not a real problem in the past) but now with 365 , lots of functions that are easy to manipulate data , which on say 2016 is quite complex formula

can you give more information about the job role - sometimes the job description has some details on what is needed
When is the interview

Do you know how to do things like pivot tables - use Powerquery
index/match

Upvote 0
i have done a couple of tests for interviews in the past - and they where often very specific to the role as interpreted by the employeer
I also have set a few , and again these were very specific to the role and tested general knowledge some basic things and then more advanced pivot table manipulation and charting

I have also coached someone for a role , and again we discussed what the role consisted of .......

That could be quite a wide range of questions - powerquery, Pivot table , or simple lookups etc

Also depends on the version of excel the company is using - (not a real problem in the past) but now with 365 , lots of functions that are easy to manipulate data , which on say 2016 is quite complex formula

can you give more information about the job role - sometimes the job description has some details on what is needed
When is the interview

Do you know how to do things like pivot tables - use Powerquery
index/match
Thank you for your reply. It's a

Upvote 0
Thank you for your prompt response - it is for a Finance Manager role, so will be looking at financial data sets with some visual presentation, so will make use of Pivot Tables etc. Not used Power Query. Office365 is the platform that will be used.

Upvote 0
i do not know power query - as i have a mac and only recently released on the mac version of excel, but i think on windows its been available on quite a few previous versions
also Power BI and power pivot of couse

Finance manager/Finance Analysts when i worked in corporate organisation's did a lot of manipulation of data - one of the teams i managed for a short while in HR worked with the business teams to produce results and charts etc and then liaised with the group finance team

as asked
When is the interview
did you get a job description

sorry , i'm not being helpful ....
not a test more a guide with examples

do you know if this has been setup as a multiple choice or are they going to sit you in front of a machine with a sample spreadsheet and give a scenaro and expect you to produce the output ....

Upvote 0
You're certainly being helpful and it's appreciated, thank you. The interview is Thursday (done a bit of prep, in respect of Excel assessment). And it will basically be questions on a sample spreadsheet/database (don't believe it's multiple choice)

Upvote 0
quite a few tests online - some better than others -
Free Excel Test for Interviewing Candidates
I quite liked this one - you can down load the test and also , the answer sheet without emails and payment - I just clicked on download now

this is pretty basic

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back