Excel to work in one instance for old files and in seperate instance for new files

black14

Dear All,

I have a problem with excel after replacing the computer. Both old and new PC are running window 7 corporate and excel 2010.

The old one is running every workbook of excel in one instance, I could call macro from other worksheets or move sheets between workbooks freely. However, the problem occurred after i replaced the PC this week.
The new one is running every workbook separately in different instances which makes me have a hard time calling macros or move sheets between workbooks(happened for both old files and new files). I have tried to find the solution for this and my "Ignore Other applications" is unchecked.

On the other hand, my co-worker who replaced at almost the same time as me can run excel in the same instance when opening saved files and run excel in separate instance when launching new workbook.

How can I set my excel to work the same way as hers? Please note that the PC is the company's so there is a limit of configuring i can do.

Thanks in advance for every answer.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hello,
You never received any answer? IF so, I found this amazing.

I have a similar issue. I have Office 2007. Whenever I double click on a Excel file everything would open in one instance of Excel which is perfect for the work I do since I like data between files and use macros for reducing and formatting data. I could open a new instance of Excel if needed.

About a month ago I gave a macro to a coworker to use and it did not work. I determined that the macro was not working due to my coworker was using Excel 2010. So I had my IT department install Excel 2010 on my computer but I did not delete 2007. This allowed me to fix the macro.

Now when I double click on a Excel file it opens in a different instance of Excel. I have to use File->Open or drag and drop. It has been a month and this old habit of double clicking will not change.

I have tried some on the other solutions (Ignore applications with DDE) to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Virostko

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
real_will_smith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back