Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi world,

I have this small userform with a multiselect listbox:

Preview1.jpg

I'm trying to write a code which is run/looped for each selected item in the listbox, so im trying to set selection as Long.
So in the example in the picture

"Ma - pri 1.." would be 0
"Ma - Brand" would be 1
"Test 6 abc 7" would be 2

The values in the userform will be different each time it's used.
This is what I have now, but i get an error, and i really have no idea on how to do it, so the error don't surprise me..😅

VBA Code:
Sub CustomerPreview2()
Dim i As Long
For i = 0 To 99
        For Each item In PreviewCampaignListbox.Selected
           If PreviewCampaignListbox.Selected(i) = True Then
            Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G11:U11").Offset(i).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Copy
            ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B34").Offset(, i * 10).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True

Exit For
              End if
            Next
         Next

End Sub

Any suggestions?:)

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
It would be something like:

VBA Code:
For i = 1 to PreviewCampaignListbox.ListCount
           If PreviewCampaignListbox.Selected(i - 1) = True Then

Upvote 0
Hi Rory,

Close to what I wanted, but a couple "problems":
This seems to give the each listindex a number, no matter if its selected or not?
In your code, if I only select the 4th listindex f.ex, the "i" will be "4" where i would like it to be "1". Since it's the first of the selected.

I would need "i" to count only selected and not the full list.
And would it also be possible to start "i" from 0 instead of 1? A can work with both, but from 0 would be cleaner.

Thank you:)

Upvote 0
I assumed the value for the offsets was related to the position in the list. If not, you'll need a separate counter variable that you increment in the loop. For example:

VBA Code:
Sub CustomerPreview2()
  Dim i As Long
  Dim counter as long

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G11:U11").Offset(counter).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Copy
        ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B34").Offset(, counter * 10).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
        counter = counter + 1

End if
 Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
Sorry Rory,

I think I explained myself badly here... This is exactly what i need it to do:
I have two diffrent worksheets; Sheet1 and CustomerPreview.

The listbox is populated from the rows of data from Sheet1 and is populated every time the listbox is initialized.
The code is going to copy data from Sheet1 to customer preview in a neat way, but only the selection/rows i select from the listbox.

The "Offset(, i * 10)" for pasting is because there is a new "section" for pasting on every 10th column in Worksheet.CustomerPreview. Let's just call them Section1, Section2 and so on.

So let's say i open the userform with PreviewCampaignListbox. The listbox get's populated by 10 rows f.ex and I select the first three. With something similar to the first code you posted row/selection1 would be pasted in Section1, row2 in Section2 and row3 in Section3.. and that would be fine.

But let's say I select the 2th, 5th, 6th and 9th lines in PreviewCampaignListbox. From your first code the 2th row would be pasted in Section1, 5th row in Section2 and so on, but i need the 2th row to be pasted in Section1, 5th in Section2, 6th in Section3 and 9th in Section4.

So when copying the long variable needs to be calculated from how many rows I need to go down in Sheet1 to find the matching text, and when pasting the long variable needs to be calculated from if it's the top selection in PreviewCampaignListbox, or the 2th, or 3th and so on..

I think the last code you sendt would do this, but i didn't get it to work.
My problem as a newbee is that i can't quite figure out how to use two long variables in one If statement, and also how you refer to listbox value, when more then one value is selected.

I tried something like this.. Didn't work, but may show a little clearer what I'm trying to do:)

VBA Code:
Private Sub PreviewActive_Click()
Dim i As Long
Dim ir As Long

For i = 0 To Me.PreviewCampaignListbox.ListCount - 1
For ir = 0 To 99

If Me.PreviewCampaignListbox.Selected(i - 1) = True Then
                If Me.PreviewCampaignListbox.Text = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D1").Offset(ir).Text Then

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G11:U11").Offset(ir).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Copy
            ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("CustomerPreview").Range("counter").Offset(, i * 10).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True

Exit For
            End If
            End If

Next
        Next

End Sub

Upvote 0
From your first code the 2th row would be pasted in Section1, 5th row in Section2 and so on, but i need the 2th row to be pasted in Section1, 5th in Section2, 6th in Section3 and 9th in Section4.

Um, what's the difference here?

Upvote 0
Nothing😅 This is what I wrote in my head;
From your first code the 2th row would be pasted in Section2, 5th row in Section5 and so on,
but i need the 2th row to be pasted in Section1, 5th in Section2, 6th in Section3 and 9th in Section4.

Upvote 0
OK, so I think what you want is halfway between the two versions I posted:

VBA Code:
Sub CustomerPreview2()
  Dim i As Long
  Dim counter as long

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G11:U11").Offset(i - 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Copy
        ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B34").Offset(, counter * 10).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
        counter = counter + 1

End if
 Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Sorry Rory, I forgot to update you on this one, but it worked brilliant! Just as i wanted:)
Thank you so much, and enjoy your evening!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back