Excel Workbooks & Web Servers

Dougie1

Board Regular
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post (but I am sure somebody will soon let me know if it is not !!). I asked this on General Excel questions yesterday but received no response - Here goes :

I regularly email a lot of data out worldwide for review. Currently, I send out multiple workbooks to multiple users who then review their data. Along with reviewing their data, these users also make (and save) changes to the data. The data is then emailed back to me and I collate all the data back into one master file. (NOTE : The data in each workbook shares exactly the same format).

I have a vague notion that I would like to locate just the one master Excel workbook on a web server, with each user being able to access this file, review their part of the data and make changes if necessary (which would all be saved). I would like to put the file onto a server, notify the users of it being there and then go back to the server a few days later and pick up the reviewed file (with all changes that had been made to the workbook having been saved).

Is this possible ?? What are the pitfalls ?? Is there a better way of addressing this etc. etc.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

D

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back