Export Access Query to Specific Worksheet

mrmmickle1

Background:

I have an Excel Macro Enabled Template that has a number of dynamic reports on it based on different pivot tables...etc. The file has a fair amount of code and a lot of formatting to make it look "professional"....etc. In the Access Database I run an backup data export currently. That has about 13 different worksheets. The challenge is that I now need to export specific queries to specific worksheets in my new macro enabled template. I am having trouble getting this to work right. Can someone please help me to straighten out my code. I have used only one query in this example. (If someone can help me to do it once I can figure the rest out :))

This is my current code that does not work right.... I'm trying to avoid going through every record and exporting each field one at a time so I would like to use .CopyRecordSet if possible. The reason I want to do this si because the queries are quite large and may sometimes contain 30,000 + rows...

Code fails on Red Lines... however I would be interested in some feedback. Not sure this is the best way of doing things....

Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]Sub [/B][/COLOR]ExportToTemplatev1()

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]Dim [/B][/COLOR]xl                [COLOR=#0000ff][B]As[/B][/COLOR] Excel.Application
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Dim[/B][/COLOR] xlFilePath     [B][COLOR=#0000ff]   As String[/COLOR][/B]
   [COLOR=#0000ff][B] Dim[/B][/COLOR] xlWS              [COLOR=#0000ff][B]As[/B][/COLOR] Worksheet
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Dim[/B][/COLOR] rng              [B][COLOR=#0000ff] As Range[/COLOR][/B]
  [COLOR=#0000ff][B]  Dim [/B][/COLOR]i                [COLOR=#0000ff][B] As Long[/B][/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#0000ff][B]  Dim[/B][/COLOR] lFieldCount      [COLOR=#0000ff][B] As Long[/B][/COLOR]
   [COLOR=#0000ff][B] Dim[/B][/COLOR] rsQuery           [COLOR=#0000ff][B]As[/B][/COLOR] Recordset

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]Set[/B][/COLOR] xl = New Excel.Application
    xlFilePath = "C:\Users\mmickle1\Documents\SpotlightExportTest.xlsm"

Workbooks.Open xlFilePath
    xl.Visible = [COLOR=#0000ff][B]True[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#008000][B]    'Set the worksheet:[/B][/COLOR]
   [COLOR=#0000ff][B] Set[/B][/COLOR] xlWS = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")

[COLOR=#008000][B]    'open query[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]    Set rsQuery = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("01 HC-Most Recent Quarter", dbOpenDynaset)[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]Set [/B][/COLOR]rng = ws.Range("A1")
    lFieldCount = rsQuery.Fields.Count

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]For[/B][/COLOR] i = 0 [COLOR=#0000ff][B]To[/B][/COLOR] lFieldCount - 1
[B][COLOR=#008000]    'copy column names in first row of the worksheet:[/COLOR][/B]
    rng.Offset(0, i).Value = adoRecSet.Fields(i).Name
   [COLOR=#0000ff][B] Next[/B][/COLOR] i

[COLOR=#008000][B]    'copy record values starting from second row of the worksheet:[/B][/COLOR]
    rng.Offset(1, 0).CopyFromRecordset rsQuery

rsQuery.Close

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]End Sub[/B][/COLOR]

Thank you for any help !

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Alan,

Thanks for the reference website. After looking at it and thinking about the error I was getting I searched a little more and was able to get it working...

I was unaware that I needed to specify the query parameters even though my form was open in the database. When I added the parameters the code runs fine:
Code:
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Set [/B][/COLOR]db = CurrentDb()
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Set[/B][/COLOR] qdf = db.QueryDefs("01 HC-Most Recent Quarter")
        qdf.Parameters("[forms]![frm001-Export]![DateEntry]") = [Forms]![frm001-Export]![DateEntry]
        qdf.Parameters("[forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence1]") = [Forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence1]
        qdf.Parameters("[forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence2]") = [Forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence2]
        qdf.Parameters("[forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence3]") = [Forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence3]
        qdf.Parameters("[forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence4]") = [Forms]![frm001-Export]![Sequence4]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Set[/B][/COLOR] rst = qdf.OpenRecordset

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back