noveske

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
I've been searching for this solution but was unable to find what I needed. I've come across pulling full tables or just something not close to what I need it to do. Linking would just update the boxes. I just assume saving the document would just copy the same link. So then it would just keep updating. Saving as PDF would be a solution for that. But I wasn't able to find one that would fill in an existing form. It would create a new one with generic format.

The Excel Macro-Enabled Template and Word Template will be in the same folder.

I am trying to enter data in Excel then have it fill in the boxes in Word. The Word document form is an existing one that needs to be filled in. Could be done actively or run once completed. Once completed it would just need to be saved as a Word document or PDF.

Would using RTF Controls be the best solution? I was hoping to find something similar to modify, but had no luck.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Hmm. So that would be an Excel form, data to Access, then to Word?

Something so simple to be so complex.
No, EVERYTHING in Access. Access Forms are so much more robust and easier to work with than Excel. The fields are automatically linked to the underlying tables (no need for VBA code to assign them).

And all things being equal, building Queries, Forms, and Reports is much easier in Access (when you know how). Mostly drag-and-drop.
Of course, you would need to learn Access first, if you didn't already know it. But if you know it, it is much better for these types of things, IMO.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back