Extract Data from Row

Celticshadow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Forum

I receive a row of data each day which is a list of horse racing tipsters and their current record and todays tip along with other associated information. The row of data starts with tipster Nos 1 and each tipsters row of information ends at the word more this pattern follows through from Nos 1 to Nos 54 in sheet A.

What I would like is a formula that I could place in cell A2 (sheet B) and copy it down the page to extract the data between each numbered tipster and the word more so that I would have a daily list of all the tipsters through to tipster Nos 54. I have attached a google doc that I hope will give a clearer picture of how the data arrives (sheet A) and how I want it presented (sheet B), many thanks for reaading and I look forward to a solution for my query.

PS The data in sheet B is just showing the first 14 tipsters for information, obviously I would like the full 54 to eventually be shown.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Is this for Excel or for Google Sheets?

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff

Many thanks for replying it is much appreciated. The query and solution is for excel and I was just using google docs to show an example, hope that is suffice. Once again many thanks for replying.

Regards

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=LET(d,A!A1:AZZ1,c,HSTACK(0,FILTER(COLUMN(d),d="more")),s,SEQUENCE(COLUMNS(c)-1),IFNA(DROP(REDUCE("",s,LAMBDA(x,y,VSTACK(x,CHOOSECOLS(d,SEQUENCE(INDEX(c,y+1)-INDEX(c,y),,INDEX(c,y)+1))))),1),""))

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Fluff

Your above formula works superbly well and I am extremely grateful for your time and expertise lent, it is very much appreciated. May I also wish you a very happy xmas and a peaceful, healthy and prosperous new year, that also goes for all members of this fantastic forum.

Kind Regards

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Also a happy Xmas & new year to you as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back