File name in formula should change automatically

rival36

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Kindly help with this sheet. thanks a lot.

I have raw data in OTHER excel file named test sheet 2. The yellow table of this test sheet 1 displaying data from that sheet (test sheet 2) as per formula. I am having data in multiple sheets named test sheet 3,4,5,6.... and so on. I want that when I drag this formula down, the file name in formula should change automatically to test sheet 3,4,5.... and so on to display data from different sheets at same time. I can write file names in this test sheet 1 if needed for reference.

mini sheet attached for reference

thanks

test sheet 1.xlsx
BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST
4Enter Student NameArtsHindiScienceMathSagar
5To****a55248Toran
6file namesTo****a
7test sheet 2Maya
8test sheet 3
9test sheet 4
10test sheet 5
11I have raw data in OTHER excel file named test sheet 2. The yellow table of this test sheet 1 displaying data from that sheet (test sheet 2) as per formula. I am having data in multiple sheets named test sheet 3,4,5,6.... and so on. I want that when I drag this formula down, the file name in formula should change automatically to test sheet 3,4,5.... and so on to display data from different sheets at same time. I can write file names in this test sheet 1 if needed for reference.test sheet 6
12test sheet 7
13test sheet 8
14test sheet 9
15test sheet 10
16test sheet 11
17test sheet 12
18test sheet 13
19test sheet 14
20test sheet 15
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
K5:N5K5=INDEX('C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET 2.xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$5:$G$8,MATCH($J5,'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET 2.xlsx]Sheet1'!$C$5:$C$8,0),MATCH(K$4,'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET 2.xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$4:$G$4,0))
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
J5List=$S$4:$S$7

Attachments

• test sheet 1.png
    test sheet 1.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I'm not that good with formulas but maybe a formula in K5 like:
=INDEX('C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$5:$G$8,MATCH($J5,'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$C$5:$C$8,0),MATCH(K$4,'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$4:$G$4,0))

Then drag that down.

Upvote 0
One last try from me

=INDEX(Indirect("'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$5:$G$8"),MATCH($J5,Indirect("'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$C$5:$C$8,0"),MATCH(K$4,Indirect("'C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\[TEST SHEET " & Row(2:2) & ".xlsx]Sheet1'!$D$4:$G$4,0")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back