Filter based on a value, but don't display it in a pivot graph/table

Huhenyo

Board Regular
Hello everyone out there in helpful people land. I'm not super familiar with pivot chart nor pivot graphs, but I've played with them a bit. I've run into a small problem that I'm not sure how to get around. I don't have an easy way to post an image to a url, so I'm going to try to show what I'm thinking below. These are the fields I have for my pivot chart as they currently stand.

Filter Legend (Series)
Division
Disp. Date
Prescriber

Axis Values
Patient Max of Total DMME
Drug name Max of Daily MME

What I want to do is filter the pivot/graph to only show those entries with a Total DMME of greater than 99. I've been able to do that, but what I really want to do is display only the Daily MME, but maintain the filter based on the Daily MME. Is there a way to hide Total DMME, but still have the data filtered?

Thank you

Thank you

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I've tried looking at every setting I can think of and can't seem to find a way to do this. I just thought I would mention that the graph and pivot table are being created in VBA, so if there is a way to do this with VBA, please let me know because I can just added it to the code.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Is this not doable? Since I haven't had anyone answer my question, I'm starting to think that it might not be something that can be done. Is there maybe a workaround?

Upvote 0
Just trying to resurrect this thread hoping that some new eyes are on the forum and maybe someone has an idea what I might be able to do here. Thank you.

Upvote 0
So, what I ended up doing as a work around as it appears there may not be a way to do this is I had VBA filter the data, create a new sheet, copy and paste the filtered data into the new sheet, then I created a pivot table from the filtered data so I didn't have to display the item I used to filter it. Hope this can help someone else.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back