Filter error in results based on cell reference

ianjwerner

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I can't figure out how to write a formula so that I don't have to update the formula every time more information is added to the sheet.
=IF(C3=0,UNIQUE(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"No Result")),SORT(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!B3:B886=CARD!C3)*(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"NO RESULTS")))

If I add more information to my sheet I have to update B886 to B(whatever line the data goes to) less or more...

I would like to just have it Surveys!B3# like the rest of the formula so it catches whatever is in and below B3# then the formula results in "No Results" and only way data is displayed is if C3=0

Help!

Attachments

• no results.PNG
    no results.PNG
    120 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Try
Excel Formula:
index(SURVEYS!B:B,sequence(rows(g3#),,3)=CARD!C3

Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
index(SURVEYS!B:B,sequence(rows(g3#),,3)=CARD!C3
I'm not following. Do I use your suggested formula in place of my formula? I have the rest of the formula referencing date ranges.

Or do I input your suggestion only in a specific point?

IF(C3=0,UNIQUE(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"No Result")),SORT(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(index(SURVEYS!B:B,sequence(rows(SURVEYS!G3#),,3)=CARD!C3)*(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"NO RESULTS")))

Upvote 0
You have done that correctly, but I missed a closing bracket, it should be
Excel Formula:
IF(C3=0,UNIQUE(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"No Result")),SORT(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(index(SURVEYS!B:B,sequence(rows(SURVEYS!G3#),,3))=CARD!C3)*(SURVEYS!G3#>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3#<=SOURCE!F3),"NO RESULTS")))

Upvote 0
That works to populate all my results still, but it doesn't populate results if I change to a specific associate's name or change my date range.

Upvote 0
Did your formula work correctly before?

Upvote 0
I guess from the one I had provided you in my first question it did not. :( .... It worked when all of these Cell Reference# were specific to G3:G886
When I switched them to have the # sign after the values the date filter stopped working.

=IF(C3=0,UNIQUE(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!G3:G886>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3:G886<=SOURCE!F3),"No Result")),SORT(FILTER(SURVEYS!A3#,(SURVEYS!B3:B886=CARD!C3)*(SURVEYS!G3:G886>=SOURCE!E3)*(SURVEYS!G3:G886<=SOURCE!F3),"NO RESULTS")))

so ideally the functionality of the formula where it has specific limits (G3:G886) and (B3:B886) > but with a formula so I don't have to update the formula everytime I add or remove data from the source file would be perfect.

Upvote 0
Is G3:G886 on the surveys sheet a spilled range or just a normal range.

Upvote 0
In that case you need to specify the actual range. The # in something like A2# signifies that it is a spill range.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back