Find and sort totals on spreadsheet by a specific number

JTFWAD

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I am attempting to build a spreadsheet that I manually insert information into a tab from a document that I receive from a customer monthly. The format of the document received is Excel and can include in excess of 1,000 line items. Example Tabs inserted are a very small representation.

IMAGE 1.PNG
IMAGE 2.PNG

The contents includes a unit Identification (ID) number in Column A with corresponding hours worked by a specific maintenance team in Column B and C. Additionally, the two teams total hours worked would also be calculated in A4. The total hours of A4 is an easy auto sum that I can accomplish without assistance.

The ID numbers and quantities in column A fluxuate from month to month. They do not always repeat from month to month so utilizing a single list in column A is not feasible. An ID number that does not receive maintenance from either team will not be included in the data I receive and therefore is not calculated as a "zero". I.E. One ID# could have 50 hours for Team A and 35 hours for Team B during Jan, zero hours for both teams for Feb. March then may incur 200 and 700 hours respectively.

Once I Copy/Paste the data received into the month tab, I.E. “Jan 2022” I create a new Tab for Feb, Mar, etc...

The overall BIG problem : I am in need of having a TOTAL TAB in the worksheet that looks at each month within the spreadsheet continuously and retrieves the ID# in Column A with the corresponding and calculated total hours worked by a specific maintenance team in Column B, and C. With this I can then auto sum Column D.

Image 4 Totals.PNG

Any assistance and advice from the guru's would be greatly appreciated.
JT

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back