Find label value in a pivot table at a certain point in a % running total in

bbankston

I'm struggling to come up with a formula to accomplish what I need to do. I have a pivot table with % running total in an age series of results. I want to extract the age at which the % running total >= x%, in the example 60%. In the example image of my data, I want to return and use the value 8 found in the row lables based on the hightlighted cell value for the % running total in. Ideas?
data example.PNG

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
If you have Office 365 version xlookup will do it. Combine it with dynamic named ranges and it'd be pretty straightforward.

Upvote 0
Index/match.
Rich (BB code):
=INDEX(Row labels,MATCH(value,Location,1)+1)
Since its a running cumulative it's an ascending order. The 1 in the match finds the closest or equal that's less than. The +1 for row makes it the next value. This will be off by one row if an exact match exists.

Upvote 0
So if statement, duh, sorry.
Rich (BB code):
=INDEX(Row labels, IFERROR(MATCH(value,Location,0),MATCH(value,Location,1)+1))

Upvote 0
Index/match.
Rich (BB code):
=INDEX(Row labels,MATCH(value,Location,1)+1)
Since its a running cumulative it's an ascending order. The 1 in the match finds the closest or equal that's less than. The +1 for row makes it the next value. This will be off by one row if an exact match exists.
I need to be able to find the match value. The match value is the minimun % running total value that is >= .6. The problem I run into using the match function is that I really need to use the -1 match type but I can't order the results in descending order because of the nature of % running total in. I cannot use match type 1 because I need the min value greater than my threshold value, not the max value less than the threshhold. The next percentage step of from my threshold is unpredictable so I can't set an upper value that will get me the right row. I appreciate your help.

Upvote 0
I think the formula I submitted solves that for you. By making it MATCH(value,Location,1)+1, it finds the one less and then offsets it by 1.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back