finding last edited cell

22strider

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to find the unsaved data in a spreadhseet/workbook? Or the last cell was edited?

After working on multiple workbooks when I try closing them excel confirms if the changes should be saved or not. I was wondering if there was a way to check what those changes were. If there was a way to find address of the cell that was edited last. This will help figuring out if the file should be saved or not.

Regards,
Rajesh

22strider

Hi, I was hoping to have a macro, running which would highlight last unsaved/edited cell.
Regards,
Rajesh

wigi

Hello,

That will be very easy and impractical, I'm afraid.
You should work with application-level events, which is not easy.

If you need to do this in a dedicated workbook, you could add an event macro in ThisWorkbook: the Workbook_SheetChange event.
It has a number of consequences, such as that the workbook now contains macros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarimK9

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...