First post hoping for some help...

dougkpga

I am have a staking plan spreadsheet and bit of trouble changing the values to adapt to my tennis bets.

Hope someone can help.

Do I attach the spreadsheet somewhere?

First we have a divisor, which is double the average price winner of the plan you are using, say your average price winner is 3-1, your divisor would be 6.
We also have a target.
Set up like this:-

First, the divisor will be 6, double the average price winner of 3-1,
your 1st bet is 1% of your bank, doesn't sound much,
but just to show how this plan can produce over a period of time, we have started with a large bank. Now to arrive at your target, multiply your divisor by your 1st bet,
6 x 100 = 600.
So your divisor is 6, target 600, 1st bet 100, which is 1% of your bank,
all losses are added to your target,
and if you go 6 without a winner, then start to increase your divisor by 1 after each losing bet.

Following is what to do when you have a run of outs.

Losses were added to the target, and when we went 6 without a winner, the divisor was increased,
if it is not increased, bets get out of hand and puts the important bank at risk.
Look at the bank after 6 losers 9092, it could still withstand another 42 without a winner, and that is not because we started with a $10,000 bank, if you started with a $1,000 bank it would be the same,
as your 1st bet would have been 1% = $10.
By doing this, the staking plan can withstand 48 losses without a winner.
Now, after the 4-1 winner, the target reduced from 2583 to 1723, then look back to where the target was close to this amount and go back to where the divisor was on 8, so your next bet is 8 target 1723.
After the 6-1 winner the target reduced from 2153 to 863, go back to the 3rd bet when the divisor was 6, you know then if this and the next 3 lose, you start to increase your divisor again.
Now each time the bank increases by 200, increase the target by 10, this is another safety device built in to The Retirement Staking Plan.
If you add 10 to your target, you only increase a bet by $1, which is only .05% of the bank increase, doesn't sound much, but over a long period of time, and as the bets increase, you are safeguarding the bank.
When looking at the results, you will see we outlaid 2988 for a profit of 172 or 6% on turnover.
What happened to the 15% or more at breakeven? The reason for this is 10 out of the 16 bets were at level stakes of 215. We will show how this can change when your divisor remains on 6.
Now look what happens if the winners fall in a different order.

With the winner at 6-1, we increased the target to 630, and after the 3-1 winner the profit was 819 with the outlay of 2331 which represents 35% profit on turnover, outstanding results, as the plan showed no profit at level stakes, 16 bets 3 winners return 16.
Remember to work out the average price winner then double it to find the divisor.
5-2 = 5
3-1 = 6
7-2 = 7
4-1 = 8
9-2 = 9
5-1 = 10
Also the divisor tells you how many losing bets to go before you increase your divisor.
Start with 1% of an affordable bank, and the staking plan that will show 15% at break even, and sometimes more.
It will also, over a period of time as the bets increase, withstand more than 48 without a winner.

Original sheet has a template (Retirement staking plan) and an example plan page.

I have average odds of 1.75 or 3/4 so divisor is 1.5.

bank $1000

1% of bank $10

I have these instructions from the spreadsheet.... (from the blue link on the sheet)
Read this CELL 1st
To use this spreadsheet:
This spreadsheet needs to be updated before and after the days races to be kept correct.
The screen split should stay as is to make reading page more comfortable.
1. Change the Divisor to what you need by editing formulae on Cell G2 and Cell G3 and changing the 13 to what you need.
Change the 26 in H3 (Target) to 2x Divisor.
2. Change Bank.
3. Simply copy the amount of lines you need and paste them on the next line.
4. Change Date colour (colour reasons on right side) and Dates to new.
5. Delete - Venue, Race, Tab, Result, Dividend.
6. Key in NEW - Venue, Race, Tab.
7. Starting Bet should be $2 if $100 BANK as bets need to be multiples of $1, no CENTS.
8. If you only place Bets at start of day, then at the start of day change 1st Bet cell for the day to
Target / Divisor.
Once you have that number, change it by typing that amount into each bet cell for the day.
Repeat this for each day at the start of the day.
9. Once Race has been run, if a winner the put WON in column E and pay dividend in F.
Thats it, the rest should be automatic.

2nd in column L
1. Divisor = Double Odds or Average Dividend - 1 x 2
2. Divisor increases automatically if Outs are greater than Divisor
3. Bets = Target / Divisor
4. Make the Date colour for Start of Day, End of Day and Days with less than 3 bets a different colour to each other.

I have some questions about the instructions?

1. Divisor = Double Odds or Average Dividend - 1 x 2
2. Divisor increases automatically if Outs are greater than Divisor
Also changing the divisor after run of outs.
If the divisor is smaller, then the change in the run of outs should be smaller to increase the divisor?
3. Bets = Target / Divisor
Not sure how to get the bets to be the right amount.
Do I enter =target/divisor? h3/g3?
4. Make the Date colour for Start of Day, End of Day and Days with less than 3 bets a different colour to each other.

I have tried to make sense of the formulas so I can picture them, I have only basic knowledge of excel.

Divisor
=IF(C3="WON",1.5,IF(M3>3,F3+1,<wbr>2))
=IF(Result="WON",1.5,IF(Outs><wbr>3,Divisor+1,2))

Target
=IF(J2>0,IF((H2-J2)>26,H2-J2,<wbr>2*G2),H2+I2)

=IF(Profit/Loss>0,IF((Target-<wbr>Profit/Loss)>2*Divisor,Target-<wbr>Profit/Loss,2*Divisor),Target+<wbr>Bet)

Do I Change Divisor in formula from 26 to 3 (2 x 1.5)
=IF(Profit/Loss>0,IF((Target-<wbr>Profit/Loss)>3,H2-J2,2*G2),H2+<wbr>I2)

Profit/Loss
=IF(F3>0,(I3*F3)-I3,-I3)

=IF(Dividend>0,(Bet*Dividend)-<wbr>Bet,-Bet)

Bank
=+K2+J3

=Previous Bank plus Profit/Loss

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I am a complete newbie to this forum and no one has helped me with this and you hassle me about trying to find the answer elsewhete? Fair go mate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back