Format Tabular Data

bobkap

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
I need to set up pricing data for someone who pays to have "decorators" customize apparel with their company's logo or whatever. There are 2 types of decoration - embroidery and screen printing. (you use one or the other; never both on the same piece of apparel.)

One of the first challenges is that pricing is determined by quantity being decorated. (e.g. 40 shirts might cost $5 while 95 shirts cost $4 etc) The quantity brackets are different for embroidery than they are for screen printing.

Other variables:
  1. Names of 4 different decorators (they all have different prices of course.).
  2. Number of colors. Only needed for screen printing.
  3. Number of locations where there will be either kind of decoration. (e.g. left chest and back for a polo shirt; or maybe just front center for a T shirt; etc)
  4. Value fields would be the pricing per piece based on quantity and decorator and type of decoration.

I have hit a mental block and just cannot figure this out. My main challenge is addressing the fact that the bracket pricing is different based on the different type of decoration.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You will need to establish a table with all the variable combinations and then create if then statements. It may require a VBA solution, but without specifics, I doubt that anyone can offer up more.

Upvote 0
MANY thanks. I'm really thinking that the VBA solution will be the best route to take too. I enjoy writing macros so much that I always need to challenge myself so I'm not using them for everything. Kind of like the expression "when you're a hammer, everything is a nail".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back